Blackened Crawfish & Popcorn Grits
Chef Johnnie G of the infamous Crawfish Town USA restaurant is sharing her recipe that is absolute Cajun Cuisine Heaven. We guarantee you’ve never had anything like Blackened Crawfish with Spicy Bacon Butter & Popcorn Grits!
- I cup diced smoked sausage
- I cup bacon bits
- 2 tbs dried Trinity Mix
- 4 tsp Blackening seasoning
- 1 lb Louisiana Crawfish Tails (thawed if frozen)
- 1 c unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp D.a.T. Sauce
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- radish micro greens for garnish
- Melt butter in skillet. Add bacon bits and render until done. Add smoked sausage and Trinity mix and sauté for 2 minutes. Deglaze with wine. Add Worcestershire and D.a.T. Sauce
- Add crawfish and blackening seasoning. Bring to a simmer and finish with lemon juice. Serve on top of Popcorn rice grits. Garnish with Microgreens.
Popcorn Rice Grits
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup popcorn Rice (Cajun Country Rice)
• 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese
• 4 ounces Mozzarella
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 cup Heavy Cream
In a medium saucepan, combine broth and rice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring, until rice is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese, heavy cream and cayenne.