Chef Johnnie G, Executive Chef of Crawfish Town USA in Henderson, La shares her exclusive recipe for Creole Shrimp Béchamel, used in her Chef Special – Crab Manicotti.
Creole Shrimp Béchamel
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
* 4 ounces Tasso chopped
* ½ cup yellow onion finely chopped
* ½ cup red bell peppers diced small
* ½ cup yellow bell peppers diced small
* ¼ cup green onions sliced, white and green parts separated
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* ½ cup dry white wine
* 1 -14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
* 1/4 cup Dat Sauce
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 2 ½ pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
* 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
* ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
* Chef Specials are 5PM – 10PM Thursday – Saturday at Crawfish Town USA in Henderson, La.
* You can also purchase D.a.T. SaUcE & D.a.T. KeTcHuP in their adjacent Market.
Have a D.a.T. SaUcE recipe? Send it to us at Recipes@datsaucela.com. Please include a photo, your name, social media handles, and where you’re from. We would love to share it!