Chef Johnnie G, Executive Chef of Crawfish Town USA in Henderson, La shares her exclusive recipe for Creole Shrimp Béchamel, used in her Chef Special – Crab Manicotti.
Creole Shrimp Béchamel
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
* 4 ounces Tasso chopped
* ½ cup yellow onion finely chopped
* ½ cup red bell peppers diced small
* ½ cup yellow bell peppers diced small
* ¼ cup green onions sliced, white and green parts separated
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* ½ cup dry white wine
* 1 -14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
* 1/4 cup Dat Sauce
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 2 ½ pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
* 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
* ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Sauté vegetables and Tasso in butter until vegetables are tender and Tasso is browned. Deglaze pan with white wine. Add diced tomatoes and DAT sauce. Bring to a boil. Add heavy cream , seasoning,and shrimp. Reduce to a simmer until thickened.
* Chef Specials are 5PM – 10PM Thursday – Saturday at Crawfish Town USA in Henderson, La.
* You can also purchase D.a.T. SaUcE & D.a.T. KeTcHuP in their adjacent Market.
Have a D.a.T. SaUcE recipe? Send it to us at Recipes@datsaucela.com. Please include a photo, your name, social media handles, and where you’re from. We would love to share it!