D.a.T. Broccoli and Cheese Soup
This spicy take on a classic favorite will warm your belly and your soul! Your kids will love it, too. It’s a quick and easy winter pick-me-up meal!
- 2 10 oz cans of cheese sauce
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- frozen (16 oz bag) broccoli or fresh (for best results)
- 3 tbs of butter (divided)
- 2 tbs of all-purpose flour
- medium size yellow onion
- 2 tbs D.a.T. SaUcE
- shredded parmesan cheese
1. In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Sauté onion in butter. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Add additional 2 tablespoons of butter to the saucepan. Cook until butter melts. Whisk in flour.
3. Add the chicken stock, cheese, and D.a.T. SaUcE. Heat on medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until mixture becomes thick and bubbly.
4. Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 2-4 servings
Have a D.a.T. SaUcE recipe? Send it to us at Recipes@datsaucela.com. Please include a photo, your name, social media handles, and where you’re from. We would love to share it!