D.a.T. Cajun Shrimp Boil
There is nothing in the world like a true Cajun Shrimp Boil.This is a recipe straight from Dat Sauce’s own Scott Green. (Although, getting a Cajun to give you an exact recipe is dang near impossible!)
Boil like a Cajun!
You will need:
• large boiling pot
• 6 baby red potatoes
• 1 package baby portebello mushrooms
• 2 onions
• 3 ears of corn or 6 half-ears
• 3 lbs raw non-peeled shrimp (make sure peelings are on)
• 1 package of Hillshire Beef Sausage
(substitute any sausage)
• 1 – 5 oz bottle of Dat Sauce
• 2 lemons
• 1 or 2 garlic cloves
• handful of bay leaves
• 3-5 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
• 3-5 tablespoons of worchestershire
• Cup of Ice
• 1/2 cup salt
** you can also add brussel sprouts
**Garlic, worchestershire sauce and cayenne pepper- amounts according to preference.
- Cut potatoes and onions in half. Fill pot with 1/3 water. Add 5 tablespoons Zataran Liquid Crab Boil. Squeeze lemons into pot. Add potatoes, corn, sausage, mushrooms, onions, Dat Sauce, garlic, bay leaves, cayenne pepper, worchestershire sauce. Cover and bring to a Boil. Let boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover and add shrimp. Cover again, and the minute shrimp starts to boil strong, remove cover and add salt. TURN OFF HEAT. (Very important to not overcook). Add a handful of ice. Let soak until you see peelings have separated from the shrimp meat. When they’ve separated, it’s ready to eat.
• WORLD’S GREATEST SEAFOOD DIP:
Mix Equal parts D.a.T. KeTcHuP, D.a.T. SaUcE, and Mayo. Enjoy!
Have a D.a.T. SaUcE recipe? Send it to us at Recipes@datsaucela.com. Please include a photo, your name, social media handles, and where you’re from. We would love to share it!